Benedictine (Goat) church and Chantry hall
In the heart of the town centre, on the Main Square you can find one of the most famous and oldest churches in the historic centre, the Goat Church.
Church of St. Michael
The oldest parish church of Sopron that stands on St. Michael's Hill was founded in the 13th century, before the Mongol invasion.
Sopronbánfalva Pauline-Carmelite Monastery and Church of the Queen of Heaven
Through the Stairs of the Saints, a road leads to the Pauline-Carmelite Monastery and the Queen of Heaven Church in Sopronbánfalva.
Church of Saint Margaret of the Árpád dynasty (Juliáneum)
The chapel belonging to the parish of St. Margaret of Árpádháza in Lővérek, Sopron, and the parish priest's apartment were established in an Art Nouveau-style villa, which is an early work of architect Károly Schármár from Sopron.
The Dominican Church, the only two-tower church in Sopron is located in the town centre, on Széchenyi Square.
It is the largest church in Sopron on Templom Street and the third largest of all the Lutheran churches in Hungary.
Church of Jesus' Heart
The church on Táncsics Street was built by the nuns of the Congregation of the Daughters of the Divine Saviour, who arrived in Sopron from Vienna in May 1863.
Church of St. John the Baptist (Johannita Church)
The Order of Saint John settled in 1217 in Sopron, and their church dedicated to St. John the Baptist was probably built in the 1200s, after the Mongol invasion, in today's Bécsi Street.
Church of Mary Magdalene
The church of Mary Magdalene is in the Sopron-Bánfalva district of the town, where formerly a Celtic settlement used to be.
Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk
The Baroque chapel is located in Lővérek, at the intersection of Várisi Road and Villa Row, but originally stood in another part of the town.
The church of today's Reformed Parish of Sopron was built according to the plans of ducal master builder György Hárs. It was consecrated by Bishop Géza Antal on 1 December, 1929.
St. George Church
Built in the 1390s, the church is located in the heart of the town centre, in Szent György Street. It is barely noticeable, as it is hidden between the houses, and its church tower can only be seen from the Castle District.
St. Imre Church
Located in the north-western part of Sopron, the foundation stone of the church was laid in the presence of the faithful on 5 November 1994.
St. Stephen church
The church was built during the Second World War on the slopes of Kuruc Hill, based on the plans of Nándor Körmendy and under the direction of architect Antal Rosenstingl from Sopron.
St. James Chapel
The chapel that was named after St. James was built by butchers in the Middle Ages in the cemetery around St. Michael's Church.
The Sopron convent of the Order of St. Ursula was founded in 1746 by Mária Niggl from Vienna. The nuns came to the monastery in Sopron from Győr, and soon after their arrival the education of the young girls began. It was then that the first convent church was built in honour of the Holy Cross.
Holy Spirit church
The church that is of Gothic style on the outside and of Baroque style inside stands in the part of the historic town centre beyond the Ikva brook. It was probably founded by the Johannites, they may have been built their hospital chapel opposite their hospital.
Medieval Old Synagogue
The Jews of Sopron settled in the former Zsidó utca (Jewish Street) that is now Új utca, and around 1300 the synagogue of the community, the Old Synagogue was established.
Medieval New Synagogue
In the centre of Sopron, at 11 Új utca, there is another synagogue as well, the Medieval New Synagogue, which is almost a century newer than the Old Synagogue.