The Dominican Church, the only two-tower church in Sopron is located in the town centre, on Széchenyi Square.
The settlement of the Dominicans in Sopron in 1674 is related to Count Erzsébet Batthyány (“Patron of the Dominicans”), who donated her house in Sopron to the Dominicans. The church was built between 1719 and 1925, and by the middle of the century their convent was completed behind the church, the towers were built by 1775. The Dominicans of Sopron and their convent were not affected by the Edict of Tolerance of Joseph II, which abolished the orders of monks with the exception of those that were dealing with teaching and nursing.
In the niches of the façade there are statues of saints, on the tympanum of the gable there is a figure of Christ. The carved main altar of the church, a gilded and painted wooden pulpit adorned with a statue depicting the founder of the order, the benches and the confessional are the work of a Dominican monk from the 18th century.