The park is located in the Lower Lővérek district of Sopron, with monuments related to the history of the town.
The 17.2-hectare botanical garden is located on the territory of the University of Sopron, in the part bordered by Ady Endre Road–Bajcsy Zsilinszky Street –Honvéd Road –Panoráma Road – Deákkúti Road and has been protected since 1978.
Citadel Park (Traffic Code Park)
The park in Lővérek hosts a Traffic Code training ground, an outdoor training park and a playground as well.
The second longest square in Central Europe is an excellent place to relax and unwind with its shady benches, fountains and playground at the fingertips of the town centre.
One of the oldest public parks in Hungary was named Elizabeth in 1899 in honour of the queen who died a tragic death. The area, which has been protected since 1942, is home to several special plants, an outstanding specimen of sierra redwood, which is the tallest one in Hungary.
The name Ógabona Square, located between the Castle district and Petőfi Square, first appears in the sources in 1400 as the Grain Market (Kornmarkt).
Orsolya Square, one of the oldest squares in Sopron, located in the heart of the town centre, was first mentioned in 1428 as a salt market (Salzmarkt).
In the neighbourhood of the town centre, Paprét (Priests' field) is a green area that is owned by the town of Sopron today, but once belonged to the parish of Saint Michael.
There was once a lake in the middle of the downtown square, the lake called Horse Pond. It was drained around 1840 because a theatre was planned to be built in the northern part of the square.
The square is located in the centre of Sopron, surrounded by historical buildings. At the western end there is a statue of István Széchenyi cast in bronze on a granite base. On the other side you can see the "Flag of Loyalty", officially named as the "In Memory of the Referendum" monument. At the top of the flagpole, a turul bird sits guarding the Hungarian nation.
St. Stephen's Park
Not far from the town centre you can find the park around the parish of St. Stephen in the neighbourhood of Kuruc Hill.