It is a building of outstanding significance in the music history of Sopron, where the musical career of Ferenc Liszt started.
The Old Casino built by Károly Pejachevich in 1789 once stood on the corner of Liszt Ferenc Street and Petőfi Square, on the site of today's Eclectic-style school building. Among the several concerts in the Old Casino, three performances by Ferenc Liszt stand out, the most memorable of which was the first public concert of the 9-year-old child in 1820. 20 years later Sándor Petőfi, who was a soldier in Sopron that time also applauded Ferenc Liszt's piano playing in the auditorium of the casino. The building burned down twice in the 19th century, it reached its present form at the end of the 19th century.