Protect yourself and others in Sopron
Steps of reopening after the number of those inoculated reaches 5 million:
- The curfew and obligatory mask-wearing outdoors will be abolished.
- Restrictions on the business hours of shops and restaurants will be lifted.
- The interiors of restaurants may visit for those holding an immunity pass as well as their children.
- Immunity pass holders and their children may stay at hotels, visit leisure facilities including zoos, museums, theaters, cinemas or libraries and they also may attend sports events until 11 p.m.
- Those having a certificate of immunity and their children will not have to wear a mask at sports and cultural events.
- Only immunity certificate holders and those under 18 who take part in competitions may go to gyms, swimming pools or ice rinks.
- Obligatory, universal mask-wearing remains in place and there must only be one customer per 10 m2 in shops.
- Outdoor sports will be allowed, both individual and team.
- Family events and weddings may be organized for up to 50 and 200 people, respectively. Family events, if held in a hotel or restaurant, must be in a separate area.
- Indoor and music/dance events may only be attended with a certificate of immunity.
- Outdoor events may be organized for up to 500 people.
The latest government decree containing the preventive measures (Hungarian Gazette No. 95 of 2021) is available here.
Information about border crossing
Border crossing is only possible at designated border crossing points. The designated border crossing points can be found on the website of the police (www.police.hu) under the border information menu item.
The following categories can enter Hungary without being subject to restrictions:
- those crossing the border in freight traffic
- persons holding diplomatic or a diplomatic service passport or a service passport for seamen
- persons reporting to entry holding a private passport or other travel document for the purpose of official visit (the purpose of official visit shall be proved with documents)
- those providing satisfactory proof while entering Hungary that they have undergone COVID-19 infection within 6 months prior to reporting to entry
- those providing their protection against the COVID-19 while entering Hungary with valid immunity certificate (issued according to the 60/2021 Government Decree) with the travel document indicated on the immunity certificate, and a person under his/her supervision who enters Hungary with him/her and has not reached the age of eighteen;those providing their protection against the COVID-19 while entering Hungary with valid immunity certificate issued by a State specified by decree of the Minister responsible for foreign policy and a person under the age of 18 years under his/her supervision who enters Hungary along with him/her
- who, by presenting an immunity card issued by a country listed in MFAT Decree No. 17/2021 (V. 22.) on the unilateral recognition of immunity certificates, certifies his/her COVID immunity and a person under the age of 18 years under his/her supervision who enters Hungary along with him/her.
Verifying the COVID immunity with a certifying application corresponding the requirements laid down in Government Decree No. 60/2021 (II. 12.) on certifying COVID immunity is equivalent to presenting an immunity card. When certifying immunity with an application, the person concerned may be called upon to present an official document certifying his/her personal identity.
The organization or person verifying the content of the certifying app is entitled to learn the data on the identity document and in the application of the person concerned but – unless an Act or, under Article 53 (2) of the Fundamental Law, a Government Decree in a state of emergency provides otherwise – cannot record it in any way.